2014 Crouse Classic Photo Gallery
Crouse Health Foundation’s 13th annual Crouse Classic Golf Tournament was held Monday, July 14 at the beautiful and challenging Bellevue Country Club, Syracuse. Both morning and afternoon shotgun starts were offered in a Captain and Crew format as golfers enjoyed friendly contests on a variety of holes with tasty treats and refreshments available throughout the course.
Morning golfers played 18 holes, but the afternoon golfers could complete only 9 holes due to a late-afternoon thunderstorm that cancelled play. The day concluded with a casual reception, delicious dinner and awards presentation.
Once again, the tournament was sold out with a record 232 golfers and net proceeds of $105,000. Proceeds from the 2014 tournament will be used to support the work of the Baker Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Crouse Hospital’s Kienzle Family Maternity Center. To date, the Crouse Classic Golf Tournament has raised more than $1.3 million to further children’s services at Crouse Hospital. This year's proceeds will be used to purchase the following critically-needed pieces of equipment for the hospital’s NICU:
- A brainwave monitor and cooling blanket to help treat full-term infants who experience oxygen deprivation during birth;
- Waterless milk warmers -- one for each bassinet in the subintensive nursery – to uniformly warm pumped human milk to temperatures consistent with expressed human milk, which eliminates the contamination risks associated with warming feedings in water; and
- State-of-the-art transport isolettes to replace older units used to safely move infants between the NICU and other floors within the Kienzle Family Maternity Center.
Donations to benefit the Baker Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit are gratefully welcomed. For more information and/or inquiries about the 2015 Crouse Classic Golf Tournament, please contact Phyllis Devlin in the Foundation office at 315/470-7008.
2014 Crouse Classic Tournament Winners
Captain & Crew Flight A
- 1st place (-6) – Sean Barron, Ryan Caster, Todd Maier, Chris Puls
- 2nd place (-5) – Peter Derrenbacker, Greg Kershner, John O’Connor, Mark Wladis
Captain & Crew Flight B
- 1st place (-4) – Fran Letizia, Mark Letizia, Mike Letizia and Tim Mumford
- 2nd place (-3) – Steve Bianco, Fran Gozzi, Barbara Wagoner, Jim Welch
Captain & Crew Flight C
- 1st place (-2) – Max Gale, Kevin Hunt, Bob Kertulis, Matthew VanBeveren
- 2nd place (-1) – John King, Stephen Mitchell, Sabrina Webster, Tom Whipple
Closest to the Pin - Hole # 3 sponsored by Laboratory Alliance of CNY, LLC
- Morning – Grover Harris (23”)
- Afternoon – Chris Puls (6’7”)
Closest to the Pin - Hole # 7 sponsored by Stephen L. Barker, MD
- Morning – Jim Wiley (5’10”)
- Afternoon – Jeff Peterson (8’2”)
Closest to the Pin - Hole # 13 sponsored by CNY Anesthesia Group
- Morning – Chris Nicolucci (8’6”)
- Afternoon – Doug Mantz (7’9”)
Closest to the Pin - Hole #15 sponsored by Kopp Billing Agency, Inc.
- Morning – Jim Josephson (9’3”)
- Afternoon – Jan St. Croix (10’)
Closest to the Line Women - Hole #5 sponsored by Pan Agora Asset Management, Inc.
- Morning – Katie Wells
- Afternoon – Marguerite Massett
Closest to the Line Men - Hole #10 sponsored by POMCO Group
- Morning – Scott Brennan
- Afternoon – Mike Reilly
Longest Drive Women – Hole #8 sponsored by K2M, Inc.
- Morning – Mary Costello
- Afternoon – Donna Flook
Longest Drive Men – Hole #18 sponsored by Asbestos & Environmental Consulting Corporation
- Morning – Earle King
- Afternoon – David May
2014 Crouse Classic Sponsors
We gratefully acknowledge and thank our major sponsors for making this year's tournament possible.
Additionally, three Hole-in-One contests were held sponsored by East Syracuse Chevrolet (2014 Chevrolet Malibu), AAA of Western & Central New York (New York City trip), and Siemens Industry (2014 Harley-Davidson motorcycle) with no hole-in-one winners this year.