Symptoms of TMD may occur in the head or neck.
Temporomandibular Joint : Areas of Pain
Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
A number of symptoms may suggest TMD , including the following:
- Pain in the temporomandibular joint
- Popping, clicking, or grating sounds or sensations in the temporomandibular joint while eating and/or drinking
- A sensation of the jaw “catching” or “locking” briefly, while attempting to open or close the mouth, or while chewing
- Difficulty opening the mouth completely
- Pain in the jaw
- Facial pain
- Muscle pain/spasm in the area of the temporomandibular joint
- Ear pain
- Neck pain
- Swelling on one or both sides of the face