|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||25 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Yams or sweet potatoes||2 medium (about 8 ounces)|
|Fat-free chicken stock||2 tablespoons|
|Dried dill||½ teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1½ cups|
- Peel the yams or sweet potatoes, and slice into ¾ inch chunks. Place in a 1½ quart casserole dish.
- Trim the leeks, slit lengthwise, and wash well to remove all grit. Coarsely chop and add to the dish.
- Stir in the stock and dill.
- Cover the dish with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until the yams or sweet potatoes are just tender.
- Let stand for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender.
- Pour the milk into a 2 cup glass container and microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until warm. Add to the blender and puree.
- Serve warm.