Health Tip: Choose Healthy Snacks
(HealthDay News) -- Eating well when you're a busy student on a
budget doesn't have to be expensive or time-consuming.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these quick, easy
and cost-efficient healthy snack ideas for students:
- Have a ready supply of snacks that combine both protein and
- Eat apples with peanut butter or carrots with hummus.
- Snack on fresh fruit and a hard-boiled egg.
- Pack a yogurt and banana.
- Eat almonds with some low-fat cheese, or some whole grain
- Go for the salad bar, just take it easy on toppings such as
bacon, cheese and creamy dressings.
2014Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.