Health Tip: Skateboard Safely08/02/10
(HealthDay News) -- Skateboarding safely requires knowing how to
protect yourself. The popular sport contributes to more than 15,000
injuries each year, U.S. government statistics show.
The National Safety Council offers these safety suggestions:
- Inspect your skateboard before every use.
- Avoid skateboarding in the street, and follow all traffic and
- Protect yourself with safety gear, such as knee pads and a
- Avoid skating in crowded areas where others aren't
- Never ride with more than one person on a skateboard.
- Never skateboard while holding on to a car, bike, etc.
- Practice falling safely on grass or another soft surface.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.