Health Tip: What May Trigger Neck Pain08/02/10
(HealthDay News) -- The neck has the vital task of supporting
the head, but since it isn't as protected as the rest of the spine,
is it more susceptible to injury.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says possible
causes of neck pain include:
- An inflammatory condition, such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Degeneration of a cervical disk.
- An injury stemming from an incident such as a traffic accident,
sports injury or fall.
- An infection or tumor affecting the neck, although this is
- A congenital abnormality of the vertebrae in the neck, which
also is rare.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.