Health Tip: Confined to Bed While Pregnant08/03/10
(HealthDay News) -- If your doctor prescribes bed rest during
pregnancy, be sure to ask plenty of questions about what's safe for
you to do.
The Nemours Foundation says you should ask your doctor about the
- If it's OK to get up and go to the bathroom.
- If bathing, getting something to eat, or doing light tasks
around the house are allowed.
- The best position to assume while you're in bed.
- Whether it's safe for you to work from home.
- If you're allowed to drive.
- If sexual activity is allowed.
- Ways to promote blood flow and better circulation while you're
- If you're allowed to walk, and how much.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.