Health Tip: Get the Nutrients You Need08/09/10
(HealthDay News) -- Your body needs a variety of nutrients to
function properly and stay healthy.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers this list of
essential nutrients and examples of where to find them:
- Calcium, which is acquired from dairy products and leafy,
dark-colored green vegetables.
- Potassium, acquired from bananas, raisins, spinach, nuts and
- Fiber, found in legumes, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts
- Magnesium, from peas, black beans, spinach and almonds.
- Vitamin A, found in milk, eggs, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe and
- Vitamin C, found in fruits such as strawberries, oranges and
kiwi; and veggies such as broccoli and green peppers.
- Vitamin E, found in seeds and nuts, whole grains, avocados and
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.