Health Tip: Eyestrain May Cause Headaches08/11/10
(HealthDay News) -- Straining the eyes while watching television
or working on the computer can trigger a nasty headache. But so can
your posture, stress and other factors.
To help determine if eye strain is the culprit, and if so, how
to minimize it, the National Headache Foundation suggests:
- Getting a complete eye exam, and taking care of any vision
- Using an anti-glare screen on your computer, or wearing tinted
- Sitting with proper posture when working at the computer or
- Taking frequent short breaks from the computer. Leave your desk
for a couple of minutes and stretch your neck, arms and back.
- Closing your eyes and breathing deeply while on a break.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.