Health Tip: Drive Slowly on Wet Roads08/16/10
(HealthDay News) -- Driving on wet, slick roads can be an
accident waiting to happen.
The U.S. National Safety Council suggests how to drive safely in
- Drive carefully and slowly, particularly when coming around a
- In the event of a skid, pump the brakes lightly, rather than
slamming on the brakes.
- Make sure tires are correctly inflated.
- Check the tread to be sure it's in good shape, and replace worn
- Avoid driving in puddles.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.