Health Tip: Coping With Hives08/17/10
(HealthDay News) -- Hives are the result of an allergic
reaction. They typically go away without treatment, but can be an
The University of Maryland Medical Center suggests how to deal
- Don't let bath or shower water get too hot.
- Don't wear tightly-fitting clothing, which can irritate the
- Take an antihistamine to help reduce hives and their
- Milder cases of hives may not need any treatment.
- Severe hives may need emergency treatment with
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.