Health Tip: Why Gums Swell08/17/10
(HealthDay News) -- Swollen gums are relatively common, but can
signal an underlying health problem.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers this list of
- Having an inflamed gum condition called gingivitis.
- Having a fungal or viral infection.
- Being malnourished.
- Wearing dentures that don't fit properly.
- Being pregnant.
- Being sensitive to a mouthwash or toothpaste.
- Having scurvy.
- Experiencing a side effect of certain medications.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.