Health Tip: Diabetics Should Eat on Schedule08/24/10
(HealthDay News) -- If you've got diabetes, staying on a regular
eating schedule will help you maintain better glucose control.
The American Diabetes Association suggests how to maintain a
consistent food schedule:
- Schedule meal plans at your normal eating times.
- Make a restaurant reservation to avoid waiting in a long line
for a table.
- Before you order, find out if the meal you want takes extra
time to prepare.
- If you do have to eat later than usual, eat a fruit or starch
serving in advance at your normal meal time.
- If you're eating dinner very late, eat your bedtime snack at
the usual dinner time. Make any insulin adjustments, as
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.