Health Tip: Recognizing COPD08/25/10
(HealthDay News) -- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
is an umbrella term that includes lung diseases such as persistent
bronchitis or emphysema.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says common
warning signs of COPD may include:
- Having a cough that won't go away.
- Coughing up a lot of mucus.
- Feeling short of breath, particularly when you're physically
- Producing a wheezing sound when you breathe.
- Having a feeling of tightness in the chest.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.