Health Tip: Spot Symptoms of Ringworm08/31/10
(HealthDay News) -- Ringworm is a fungal skin infection.
The University of Maryland Medical Center says these are common
signs of ringworm:
- Patches of skin that are thick, scaly, red and itchy.
- These skin lesions may form blisters or ooze fluid.
- The reddened area is usually surrounded by a darker red ring,
sometimes around a circle of normally-colored skin.
- Bald areas on the scalp or beard.
- Nails that crumble, thicken and may change color.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.