Health Tip: Keep Hands Moisturized09/06/10
(HealthDay News) -- Chapped hands can be painful, but you can
prevent the condition by keeping hands moisturized and
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these
- Protect hands from exposure to the sun, very cold weather and
- Don't use water that's too hot to wash your hands.
- Make sure the air inside your home is humid enough, especially
during colder months.
- Wash hands with a gentle cleanser or mild soap.
- Moisturize hands frequently with lotion.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.