Health Tip: Making Healthy Lunch Choices09/07/10
(HealthDay News) -- Many types of standard lunch fare are packed
with calories and fat. But there are healthier alternatives that
can make for a more nutritious lunch.
The Nemours Foundation suggests these healthier lunch
- Turkey and other low-fat deli meats.
- Whole grain bread -- instead of white -- spread with mustard or
- Vegetables and dip, air-popped popcorn, and trail mix or baked
potato chips, in place of fried potato chips.
- Fresh fruit or packaged fruit in natural juices, instead of
- Yogurt or a homemade fruit-filled muffin, in place of packaged
cakes or cookies.
- Low-fat milk or water, in place of sodas or sugary fruit
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.