Health Tip: Stay Safe Around the School Bus09/08/10
(HealthDay News) -- Teaching children to take precautions while
waiting for, entering and exiting a school bus can help keep them
The National Safety Council offers these suggestions:
- Wait for the bus far away from traffic. Stay on the sidewalk,
and pay attention to passing cars.
- Use the handrail while entering and exiting the bus.
- Don't approach the bus until it has completely stopped, and the
door is open.
- Allow at least 10 feet clearance if you cross the street in
front of the bus. Wait for the driver to tell you that it's safe to
- Make sure the driver can see where you are after you've left
- Stay well away from the bus's rear wheels.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.