Health Tip: Are You Prone to Metabolic
(HealthDay News) -- Metabolic syndrome is a group of risk
factors that are related to being overweight or obese. It increases
the risk of serious health problems such as diabetes, heart disease
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says having three
or more of the following conditions indicates metabolic
- Having extra belly fat and a large waist.
- Having high amounts of triglycerides in the blood.
- Having low levels of HDL ("good") cholesterol.
- Having high blood pressure.
- Having high fasting blood sugar, which may indicate
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.