Health Tip: Help Wipe Out Dust Mites09/21/10
(HealthDay News) -- Dust mites, each smaller than a period at
the end of a printed sentence, produce waste that's a common cause
of allergies and asthma.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these
suggestions to help you get rid of dust mites:
- Cover your mattress in a dust-proof cover with a tight
- Wash all bed linens weekly in very hot water.
- Place pillows in dust-proof covers or wash them weekly.
- Avoid putting carpeting in your bedroom.
- Vacuum all carpeting and upholstery in your home weekly.
- Use an air filter that helps get rid of dust mites.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a moist rag each week.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.