Health Tip: Help Prevent the Spread of Strep
(HealthDay News) -- Strep throat is a painful bacterial
infection that's highly contagious.
The Nemours Foundation suggests these steps to help reduce
transmission of strep throat from your child to others:
- Make sure your child finishes the entire prescription of
- Have your child use separate utensils for eating and drinking
while sick. Wash them in hot water with dish soap after they're
- Don't allow your child to share any linens, drinks or food with
- Teach your child to cover the mouth when sneezing or coughing,
and to wash hands frequently.
- Throw away your child's toothbrush after antibiotics are
completed, and have the child use a new one.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.