Health Tip: Help Prevent Bed Wetting09/23/10
(HealthDay News) -- Many children wet the bed until age 5, and
an occasional lapse among even older children is common, experts
The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information
Clearinghouse offers these suggestions to help prevent bed
- Limit your child to one drink with dinner.
- Don't let your child drink anything just before bed.
- Don't give your child beverages that contain caffeine, which
accelerates urine production.
- Have your child use the bathroom immediately before bed.
- Don't scold or punish your child for wetting the bed, and
encourage dry nights with lots of praise.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.