Health Tip: Living With Multiple Sclerosis10/01/10
(HealthDay News) -- Although multiple sclerosis lasts a
lifetime, symptoms may come and go.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says it's important to
stay as healthy as possible, despite your illness. The academy
offers these suggestions:
- Stick to a healthy diet with nutritious foods that are low-fat
- With your doctor's approval, exercise regularly. Stretching is
an excellent way to manage stiffness and help improve
- Get plenty of sleep each night, and rest when you need it.
- Avoid extreme temperatures, especially extreme heat. Take care
when using hot tubs or saunas.
- Ask family, friends and other loved ones for support and
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.