Health Tip: What Causes Corns10/04/10
(HealthDay News) -- Corns are painful calluses that form on the
toes from friction, making walking or wearing shoes
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions these
common causes of corns:
- Wearing shoes that are too tight or too loose.
- Having an abnormality of the toe, such as a claw toe or hammer
- Wearing high-heeled shoes.
- Having a seam or stitch on the inside of a shoe that rub
against a toe.
- Wearing poorly fitting socks.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.