Health Tip: Is Earwax a Problem?10/11/10
(HealthDay News) -- Earwax protects the ear from dirt and other
foreign particles. It may not cause any medical issues and doesn't
always have to be removed.
On the other hand, if your child is complaining of a problem
that relates to earwax, the Nemours Foundation offers these
- If earwax causes discomfort, gently clean the ear with a
- Earwax that is causing pain should be examined and treated by a
- Never attempt to remove earwax at home with ear candling.
Consult a doctor before using any over-the-counter product to
- Never insert an object such as a cotton swab into the ear canal
in an attempt to remove earwax.
- An ear infection may be treated with antibiotic drops.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.