Health Tip: Getting Rid of Head Lice10/14/10
(HealthDay News) -- Head lice are tiny insects that can infect
the scalp, and are easily spread from person to person by close
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests these potential
treatment techniques for head lice. Be sure to apply them at the
first sign of infection, after speaking with your doctor.
- Use a medicated shampoo designed to treat head lice, and be
sure to follow all instructions carefully.
- Use a metal nit comb to get rid of lice eggs (nits). To make
eggs easier to remove, apply olive oil to the hair first, or apply
beeswax to the comb.
- Begin treatment as soon as you spot lice.
- Launder all of your clothes and linens in hot water and laundry
- Comb hair for nits again after a week-to-10-day period.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.