Health Tip: Taking Medications for
(HealthDay News) -- Medications are available to help manage
schizophrenia, but they need to be taken correctly to maximize
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these
guidelines for taking schizophrenia medication:
- Take your medication at the same time each day.
- Be sure to drink a lot of fluids.
- As the medication can increase your sensitivity to temperature,
avoid hot weather and wear layers of clothing in cold weather.
- Never discontinue your medication before talking with your
- Discuss any side effects or related problems with your
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.