Health Tip: Running Errands With Your Kids11/01/10
(HealthDay News) -- Going on even a quick errand can be a
daunting prospect when you've got kids in tow.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions to help keep
fits, tears and whining in check:
- Before you leave, chat with the kids about where you're going,
what you need to do and how long you'll be gone.
- Set rules about behavior before you go, including safety rules
in the car and in the store.
- Provide your children with a simple toy or activity to help
keep them occupied.
- Involve the kids in your activities, such as asking for their
help in finding items, or keeping a count of what you've picked
- Reward and praise your children for a job well done.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.