Health Tip: Prevent Illness From Infected Pets11/03/10
(HealthDay News) -- Pets typically are prized members of the
family. But as with their human counterparts, they can also spread
disease, the Nemours Foundation says.
The foundation suggests how to help reduce the transmission of
disease from pets:
- Thoroughly wash your hands after feeding your pet, touching
your pet or removing its waste.
- Don't allow pets to eat from your plates or utensils.
- Don't kiss your pet on the mouth.
- Make sure your pet's space is clean, and don't let children
play in areas where there's pet waste.
- Keep pets away from areas where food is prepared or
- Don't bathe your pet in the sink or bathtub.
- Never make a wild animal a pet.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.