Health Tip: Signs That You Have a Torn Rotator
(HealthDay News) -- The rotator cuff is a group of tendons and
muscles that surround the shoulder.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says the following
symptoms could indicate a torn rotator cuff:
- Muscles around the shoulder that shrink or become thinner.
- Pain while you are raising or lowering your arm.
- A sensation of weakness when you raise or rotate the arm.
- A crackling sensation when you move the shoulder.
- Pain in the front of the shoulder that radiates down the
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.