Health Tip: Your Doctor Has Prescribed Cardiac
(HealthDay News) -- Cardiac rehabilitation may be just what the
doctor ordered if you have heart problems and need to improve your
health and well-being.
The U.S. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute says cardiac
rehab may help by:
- Reducing the risk of another heart attack or stroke.
- Reducing the risk of a subsequent heart-related hospital
- Helping manage risk factors for heart disease, including high
cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
- Promoting healthier lifestyle changes, such as getting regular
exercise and eating a healthier diet.
- Helping improve overall health and quality of life.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.