Health Tip: Feel Better Despite Fibromyalgia11/26/10
(HealthDay News) -- Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes
chronic pain all over the body, often at extra-sensitive "tender
Womenshealth.gov offers these suggestions to help you cope with
- Try to get between seven and eight hours of good, restful sleep
- Exercise regularly. Walking and other non-strenuous activities
are a good way to begin.
- Adjust your hours at work if your schedule is too
- Get a chair that's comfortable at work, and talk to your boss
about avoiding activities -- including lifting -- that are too
- Eat a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.