Health Tip: Conditions That May Trigger Pelvic Pain in
(HealthDay News) -- Women may have pain in the pelvic region for
a number of reasons.
The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists offers
this list of potential causes:
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Pain during menstruation, called dysmenorrhea.
- Endometriosis, when uterine tissue grows outside the
- Non-cancerous fibroids that affect the uterus.
- Problems with the urinary tract or digestive system.
- Problems affecting the muscles and bones.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.