Health Tip: Pregnancy Can Lead to Skin and Hair
(HealthDay News) -- Fluctuations in hormone levels and other
factors during pregnancy can lead to changes in a woman's skin and
The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists offers
- Darkened areas on the skin, often the face and breasts.
- Ridges in the belly and abdomen called stretch marks.
- Thicker hair, hair growth in new areas, and possible hair loss
- Spider veins or varicose veins.
- Itchy red bumps called pruritic urticarial papules and plaques
of pregnancy (PUPPP).
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.