Health Tip: Help Prevent Hearing Loss12/14/10
(HealthDay News) -- Repeated exposure to loud noise can
permanently damage your hearing.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these
suggestions to help reduce your risk of hearing loss:
- Stay away from loud noise whenever possible.
- Wear hearing protection -- such as ear plugs -- while at work
at a noisy job, or while at a concert.
- Use sound-absorbing items, such as rubber mats under noisy
- Keep the volume down on the TV or radio.
- Avoid using noise to drown out other noise, such as blasting
the TV so it's louder than the vacuum cleaner.
- Get your hearing checked regularly.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.