Health Tip: Kick Athlete's Foot12/21/10
(HealthDay News) -- Athlete's foot fungus makes the feet itchy,
red, cracked and flaky. Fortunately, treatment usually is
effective, although the infection is prone to returning.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests these treatment
options for athlete's foot:
- Use an over-the-counter antifungal cream or powder.
- Look for antifungals that include the ingredients tolnaftate,
clotrimazole or miconazole.
- Keep using the antifungal medication for a week or two after
- Thoroughly wash and dry your feet and toes.
- Wear clean cotton socks, and change them often.
- Keep feet dry at all times.
- See your doctor if symptoms don't improve within about four
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.