Health Tip: Ask Questions After Angioplasty12/31/10
(HealthDay News) -- Coronary angioplasty is a procedure in which
a narrowed or blocked artery is opened to improve blood flow to the
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute says you and your
doctor should discuss these questions upon your return home:
- Am I allowed to exercise, and how much?
- What activities can and can't I do?
- When do I need a follow-up with my doctor?
- What medications will I be taking?
- What signs of infection should I look for?
- What symptoms should prompt me to call my doctor or 911?
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.