Health Tip: Interview a Potential Pediatrician01/05/11
(HealthDay News) -- Add "choosing a pediatrician" to the long
to-do list for expectant parents.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says parents should ask the
following questions when choosing a baby's pediatrician:
- Does the doctor accept your insurance? What are the office
hours? Is the doctor taking new patients?
- How often should a baby see the doctor during the first
- Which hospital does the doctor use? What is the doctor's
preferred method of contact?
- How much are office visits, immunizations and other care
- Is after-hours care available when your child is sick or when
you have questions?
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.