Health Tip: Figure Out Why You Yawn
(HealthDay News) -- Everyone yawns.
But yawning too much could signal a larger medical issue.
To help your doctor pinpoint why you yawn so much, the
University of Maryland Medical Center says you should track the
following factors in a log:
- When you first noticed that you were yawning, and how often you
- The time of day that you yawn a lot, including after certain
activities (such as eating or exercising).
- Any locations that seem to trigger your yawning.
- What seems to increase your yawning, such as insufficient
sleep, changes in activity, medications or boredom.
- Anything that helps your yawning improve.
- Any other symptoms that accompany yawning.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.