Health Tip: Healing Heel Pain01/06/11
(HealthDay News) -- Heel pain is usually caused by activities
that continually pound the heel. Such injuries include Achilles
tendinitis and plantar fasciitis.
Whatever the cause, these suggestions from the U.S. National
Library of Medicine may help ease your heel pain:
- Rest your feet for at least a week.
- Apply ice to the sore heel, twice a day for about 10 or 15
minutes at a time.
- Take over-the-counter medication, such as ibuprofen, to ease
inflammation and pain.
- Wear shoes that fit correctly.
- Place an orthotic, heel cup or felt padding in the heel of your
- Work with a physical therapist to help prevent the injury from
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.