Health Tip: Chronic Cough Could Signal Lung
(HealthDay News) -- If all types of lung disease were combined,
it would be the third-largest killer in the United States, the U.S.
National Women's Health Information Center says.
It's important to recognize and treat symptoms of lung disease
early. The American Lung Association offers this list of possible
- Having a persistent cough that lasts at least a month.
- Having trouble catching your breath or finding it difficult to
- Producing mucus continually for at least a month.
- Making a noisy, wheezing sound when you breathe.
- Coughing up blood.
- Having persistent chest pain that lasts a month or more,
particularly when you inhale or cough.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.