Health Tip: Protect Yourself Against Cold
(HealthDay News) -- Icy snow, wind and frigid temperatures are
frequently in nature's plans for winter.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests
these cold weather safety tips:
- Wear layers of lightweight clothing, including a scarf, hat,
gloves and boots.
- Help prevent falls by covering icy spots with sand or cat
- Pay attention to the wind chill when deciding how to
- Travel with an emergency kit, a buddy and a cell phone.
- Maintain your car, keep your gas tank full and stock the
vehicle with emergency supplies.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.