Health Tip: Signs That Shoulder Pain is a Broken
(HealthDay News) -- The collarbone doesn't completely harden
until about age 20 years. This makes younger people -- especially
participants in contact sports -- more susceptible to a broken
collarbone, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says.
The academy says common symptoms of a broken collarbone
- Having a shoulder that droops.
- Being in too much pain to lift one or both arms.
- Feeling a "grinding" as you try to lift an arm.
- Feeling pain when touching the collarbone.
- Detecting an abnormal bump or swelling on the collarbone.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.