Health Tip: Prepare for a Mammogram02/11/11
(HealthDay News) -- Before you leave your home for a mammogram,
the womenshealth.gov Web site suggests how you should prepare for
- Don't schedule your appointment just before or after your
menstrual period, when your breasts are more likely to be
- Let the staff know if you have breast implants.
- Wear a separate shirt and pants or skirt rather than a
one-piece outfit, so you only have to take off the top.
- When getting dressed of the day of the procedure, skip any
lotions, perfumes, deodorant, etc.
- If you're having the procedure done at a new facility, arrange
for films from previous procedures to be sent to the new
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.