Health Tip: Why Does My Heel Hurt?02/16/11
(HealthDay News) -- Heel pain may stem from repetitive stress or
another type of injury, but an underlying health problem also may
be to blame.
The American Podiatric Medical Association says these conditions
may lead to heel pain:
- Various forms of arthritis, including gout.
- Bursitis -- an inflammation of a fluid-filled sac called the
- Haglund's deformity, characterized by an enlarged bone toward
the back of the heel.
- Inflammation of the Achilles tendon.
- A heel spur, bone bruise or stress fracture.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.