Health Tip: Make Work Less Painful If You Have
(HealthDay News) -- Sitting at a desk and working at a computer
all day can be painful for someone with arthritis.
The Arthritis Foundation offers these suggestions to ease
arthritis pain and stiffness while you're at work:
- Take regular breaks every 20 minutes to 30 minutes, getting up
to stretch and move around.
- Make sure your desk chair fits you well, and sit with your feet
flat on the floor.
- Set up your computer screen so it's level with your eyes.
- Place papers in a document holder so they're easier to see
- If your chair lacks lumbar support, use a rolled-up towel or
small pillow to provide better support for your lower back.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.