Health Tip: Soothe a Bunion03/02/11
(HealthDay News) -- A bunion occurs when the joint that connects
the big toe to the foot grows larger, forcing the big toe to bend
toward the other toes. This leads to a painful lump, making it
difficult to wear shoes.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests how to ease
- Place a bunion pad around the swollen area. The pad should be
- Wear shoes with plenty of room in the toes.
- If the bunion swells and causes pain, ice the bunion several
times a day.
- If you wear heels, make sure they're no higher than 2
- See a podiatrist if you don't get relief from the previous
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.