Health Tip: Stay Safe During Spring Cleaning03/07/11
(HealthDay News) -- Cleaning your home to a sparkling shine is a
good way to kick off spring. But don't forget to think about
The Home Safety Council offers these safe-cleaning
- Keep stairs and floors clear of clutter, even while
- Don't carry loads that are too big to see over. If you're using
stairs, leave one hand empty so you can hold onto a rail.
- Don't allow young children to play near any bucket, especially
a large one. It may pose a drowning danger.
- Wear protective equipment, such as a mask and gloves, when
working with harsh chemicals. Never mix cleaning products
- Use caution when handling products marked as dangerous or
poisonous. Always lock these away safely when not in use.
- Store toys, cords or any other tripping hazards out of the
- Use a stepladder or ladder to reach high places. Follow safety
instructions when on a ladder to prevent falls.
- Never use gasoline as a cleaning product, and never store it
inside the home. A simple spark can ignite even gasoline
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.