Health Tip: Don't Let Lost Pounds Return03/08/11
(HealthDay News) -- Losing weight is a major accomplishment, but
keeping it off can be just as challenging.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests
these healthy habits to help keep weight off for good:
- Stick to a healthy, yet realistic eating plan. Be consistent
with your food choices and calorie intake.
- Have a healthy daily breakfast.
- Exercise for 60 minutes to 90 minutes nearly every day.
- Keep a journal of the foods you eat and your exercise regimen
to spot any patterns you should change.
- Weigh yourself regularly and keep the readings in a log.
- Enlist friends and family to offer ongoing support of your
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.