Health Tip: Take Care of Arthritic Joints03/11/11
(HealthDay News) -- Even everyday activities can strain stiff
and inflamed arthritic joints.
The Arthritis Foundation offers these suggestions to help tame
arthritis stiffness and pain:
- Avoid too many activities that hurt your joints. Use aids --
such as zipper pulls or jar openers -- to make such tasks
- Try to lift with muscles and joints that are largest and
strongest, and cause the least amount of pain.
- Don't stay in the same position for too long.
- Strike a good balance between physical activity and resting
when you need it.
- Listen to pain as a sign that you've pushed yourself too hard,
and take it easier next time.
- Get help from friends and family when faced with a challenge
that's too tough.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.